Here’s just a quick update on what’s going on with us:
- Eric and I went to Vegas for a whole week for ASCA’s World Clinic (for swimming coaches). It was a lot of fun and we learned a ton. We got to talk to Olympian Tyler McGill, see Phelps’s coach and listen to great speakers. I took a Build a Pool class because we are really hoping to have our own facility sometime in the near future. Hopefully I will have more news on that in the next few months to year. A week was a long time in Vegas but we were lucky enough to have my parents take the boys Monday-Friday and then Eric’s mom took them Friday evening-Sunday night. We walked the entire strip, went to the top of the Eiffel Tower, saw an illusion show and played craps. We did not come home big winners.
- Our dogs developed not only pink eye but some gastrointestinal problems after being at dog place for a week. It was not fun, not to mention an extra expense that we were not expecting to pay.
- Kenny and Luke are both doing great at school. Luke’s mid-term report card looked like this…
- The boys fall sports are in full swing. Kenny’s soccer actually started at the beginning of August and his football and Luke’s soccer didn’t start until mid-September. It was nice to have it broken up a little. Sporting KC used Kenny’s soccer team in a coaches’ clinic and it’s on You Tube.
- My work is starting to pick up right now after a nice month lull in August. Back in June, the owner of our team and I flew to Colorado to look at an infant aquatics program for babies as young as 6 months. Non-walking babies learn how to float on their back if they were ever to fall into water and the walkers learn how to float and then swim to the side of the pool (or wherever they are). Most people have seen the video of this. It shows the baby in pajamas or clothes falling into a backyard pool and then floating safely. I remember seeing it the first time and thinking someone should pick up the baby. When we went to Colorado, we honestly sat there all day just watching baby after baby and it was AMAZING. So amazing, the team has invested a ton of money to send one of our head coaches out there for 6 weeks to get trained. I would like to get trained some day but I just can’t be gone for 6 weeks at this point in our life; not with the boys being so young and Eric’s schedule.
- My SIL is getting married in less than 2 weeks! It still feels like it should be a few months away.
- Eric and I celebrated our 10th wedding anniversary on September 20th (but actually celebrated in Vegas).
I think that covers all the big things. Now, off to do more work…