After our September PTA meeting, one of the moms at our school talked to us about saving money while shopping. I am horrible at saving coupons but it was pretty amazing to hear how much money she saves on average.
The following tips came from her:
1. Collecting coupons:
- Sunday Paper: Buy 2 or 3 of them to get the extra coupons. The Dollar Tree @ 91st and Metcalf sells Sunday papers for $1.
- Printable Coupons:
www.pennypinchinmom.com - local KC mom posts grocery deals and more
www.stretchingabuckblog.com - Target expert. Did you know you can use Target store coupons posted on their website and a manufacturer’s coupon for the same item?
- All About You Magazine – average of $70 of savings per issue
- Loyalty Cards
- Hen House, Price Chopper and HyVee Fundraiser Coupon Books
2. Organize coupons in a binder, photo album or envelopes so they’re easy to find.
3. Check weekly grocery ads every Wednesday.
- Purchase items on sale with coupons to get the ultimate deal.
- Stock up on items you use regularly.
- Don’t be afraid to try new brands.
- Hen House – double coupons up to and including $.50.
4. Free Items – share them with friends and family or donate to a local charity.