I’ve been told that it’s normal to tell 100 things about yourself for your 100th post. This is a long one. Here I go:
1. I turn 30 tomorrow.
2. I am not looking forward to it.
3. I love my birthstone. It’s a diamond. Thank you mom for having me in April.
4. I’m an Aries. Very stubborn.
5. I am very english and very french with a little german thrown in there.
6. I have 2 brothers, both younger.
7. I’ve never minded not having a sister.
8. My brothers called me Suzy Puzy. That means nothing but drove me nuts anyways.
9. I got them back by calling Billy, Hillbilly and singing, “Michael, Michael Motorcycle, turn the key and watch him pee” to Mike.
10. My dad called me Sweets growing up.
11. I’ve lived in 4 states: Illinois, Iowa, Kansas, Minnesota.
12. My relatives live in Arizona, Minnesota and North Dakota.
13. Growing up, I lifeguarded more years than I can count.
14. I was on a competition lifeguarding team.
15. We rocked. We went to nationals every year.
16. I was a swimmer in high school.
17. I went to state 3 years.
18. I’m scared to scuba dive. Strange, since I was a swimmer and lifeguard.
19. I’m very competitive. I love any type of game.
20. Our game of choice right now is Cranium. You should hear me hum Rocket Man.
21. I graduated from the University of Kansas (KU).
22. Hence, I am a HUGE college basketball fan…go Jayhawks! (2008 National Champions)
23. I was a Delta Gamma there.
24. I once completely fell while running on the KU campus. Luckily it was dark out but, of course, it was right in front of a bus stop. Nice.
25. I still love to dance to No Diggity.
26. I love history. I think I minored in it in college.
27. I have a degree in journalism, specifically in television broadcasting.
28. I was an anchor for the KU t.v. station.
29. The funniest story I had to read was about marijiuana enemas. We – me, my co-anchor – could barely keep a straight face. Our weatherman couldn’t. The look on his face was priceless.
30. I did an internship at a Topeka t.v. station and was given the opportunity to do a live shot, packages and stand ups. They were great to me.
31. I became a flight attendant after I graduated from KU.
32. I can name 139 countries in 5 minutes.
33. I can spell them all correctly.
34. I have only been to 6 of them: United States (duh), Mexico, Canada, Netherlands, Jamaica and Japan.
35. While my flight attendant roommates were getting Fargo layovers, I was constantly getting Amsterdam trips.
36. My favorite layovers were Amsterdam, Seattle, Philadelphia, Boston, Ancorage, Honolulu and DC.
37. I would rather go to the east coast as opposed to the west coast.
38. I’ve been to 46 states. I haven’t been to Connecticut, Delaware, Maine and Rhode Island.
39. I want to visit London and Venice.
40. I was in Amsterdam on September 11th.
41. My airline, Northwest, began furloughing flight attendants after September 11th. The furloughs were made according to seniority. I made the cut by 7 people.
42. I was furloughed in November 2002.
43. The airline recalled us in 2005. I quit instead of going back because I didn’t want to leave my son, Kenny.
44. When I was flying, one of my planes was hit by lightning 4 times. I didn’t know it until we landed but that is NOT normal. Everyone was talking about us.
45. I would love to be a pilot.
46. Little planes scare me.
47. I once asked one of Hilary Clinton’s body guards Secret Service Agent what airline he flew for. I thought he was a flight attendant. Annie was there, she can vouch for me.
48. I’m an elected official. I’m the Republican Committeewoman for my precinct.
49. Hence, I will not be voting for Hilary Clinton.
50. Hence, I voted for Bush.
51. I’m a Catholic.
52. My husband and I were married in 2002.
53. I will still never forget when my priest burped in the middle of the ceremony.
54. I prefer silver (or platnium gold) to gold.
55. I have 2 nephews, 1 niece and a goddaughter.
56. I never liked to read until I was a flight attendant. Now I read all the time.
57. I love Dante’s Inferno.
58. Pride and Prejudice is my favorite book.
59. I love anything that has to do with Pride and Prejudice.
60. I love Colin Firth (Darcy in Pride and Prejudice and Bridget Jones’s Diary)
61. I think I could be in the Guiness Book of World Records for the amount of times I’ve watched the Harry Potter movies.
62. I still hate carrots and peas. I never grew into them.
63. I don’t drink coffee. I like the smell but that’s it.
64. I hate mustard. After 5+ years of marriage, my husband is just now catching on.
65. I couldn’t eat waffles or pancakes until I was in my 20’s. I couldn’t even smell them without them making me sick.
66. I love homemade bread, especially my homemade bread.
67. Peanut butter and chocolate is the best. Yum!
68. I love seafood. Any kind, doesn’t matter. Even Long John Silver’s.
69. I love to eat at Old Chicago and Planet Sub.
70. Boulevard Wheat is my favorite beer. My neighbors/friends bought me a 12 pack after I had Luke. Bless them.
71. I have 2 boys, Kenny (3) and Luke (11 months).
72. I wet my pants twice when I was pregnant. Once b/c I was laughing too hard and then when Eric jumped out and scared me.
73. My doctor induced me about a week early when I was pregnant with Kenny b/c she was going on vacation. I love her for this.
74. I was at the grocery store when I went into labor with Luke. I had to have Eric come up there and meet me.
75. I am ridiculously lucky.
76. I once put down $20 on the number 15 in craps and what number did it land on…15. I walked away with a couple hundred bucks.
77. My favorite color is blue.
78. I’m in love with my tivo.
79. I think I’m the only person who doesn’t like the movie Casablanca. I fell asleep during it.
80. I hate the Pepto Bismol commercials.
81. I’m a dog person. I have a puppy named Mac.
82. My grandpa had this cat named Kitty, who ruined cats for me forever.
83. Actually, I think Kitty was a nice but older cat that didn’t want to play with kids.
84. I hate spiders. I still scream like a little girl when I see one.
85. February is my least favorite month.
86. July is my favorite.
87. I’m good with plants and flowers. I have no idea why.
88. I love our house but we won’t be here forever.
89. I want a house with a basement, screened in porch and a bigger bathroom.
90. I hate doing socks when folding the laundry.
91. I can’t sleep with socks on. I just can’t do it.
92. I hate feet.
93. I ran my first 5K in 36 minutes.
94. I ran my second one in 30 minutes.
95. I collect the state quarters. I did really good at first but since I rarely carry cash around with me, I’m having a hard time collecting the newer ones.
96. I love art museums.
97. I’m not a contemporty art fan.
98. I hate my current cell phone. I can’t wait until my 18 months are up so I can get a new one. I will never buy another LG one. Never.
99. I am NOT a procrastinator.
100. I’m loyal to a fault.
Note: I’ll eventually turn this post into its own page.