I am loving this Works-for-me Wednesday.
I have 2 boys, age 4 and 18 months. They love anything that has to do with cars and balls but here are some of the specifics:
1. Leapster – My 4 year old is in love with it. We keep it in the car and he plays it while we’re driving around. It has been wonderful during those long drives. Who am I kidding? It’s great during those short drives too.
2. Trains – We have a few of the wooden train sets. They’re nice b/c there are so many different companies that make them and they all fit/work together (or at least, that’s been our experience so far).
3. Letter Factory dvd– If you have young kids who are working on their letters and letter sounds, buy this dvd. It is the best. My son picked up those skills in record time after watching this dvd. It was amazing.
5. Little Tikes Patrol Police Car – My boys fight over who gets to use this. It’s such a cute adaptation of the original Cozy Coupe. We’ve had so many people ask us where we found it.
6. Nerf Reactor – We actually have 2 of these. My son got one of these for his birthday and then my husband asked for one (for himself) for Father’s Day.
7. What’s in Ned’s Head? – This game is great. I had never even heard of it before we received it as a gift. Basically, the game consists of a giant pop-up head and different plastic pieces of gross things such as an ear wax covered Q-tip, vomit, spider, dirty diaper, etc. The players all draw a card that has a picture of one of the gross pieces on it. On “go”, everyone reaches into the head through the different body openings (his ear, nose, mouth, etc) and tries to find their piece first by touch only. It gets a little competitive at our house. Some players have a tendency to find the other person’s piece and hold onto it until they are able to find their own piece. But I wouldn’t know anything about that…
These are our fail proof toys. I can’t wait to see what everyone else is suggesting. Head over to Rocks in My Dryer to get more ideas.