1. We’re not morning people.
I am a wake up at 7:30 person, not a wake up at 6:45 person. Kenny is the same way. Except for the first day, we’ve had to fight to get him out of bed. It was so bad this morning, he now has to take a nap this afternoon (instead of quiet time). Hopefully though, this will get better for all of us as the school year goes on.
2. We don’t really have a lot of time to do stuff.
I like doing stuff (zoo, Science City, etc) in the morning. When Kenny is home in the afternoon, Luke is taking his nap so we don’t get to do anything until late afternoon and that just doesn’t really work.
3. I don’t mind taking 2 kids to run errands.
Now, if we had 3, that would be different. Kenny’s actually pretty helpful right now.
4. I would love to use that afternoon time to get stuff done w/o any interruptions.
I could get so much done around the house from 12-3 with Kenny at kindergarten and Luke sleeping during part of that.
5. Did I mention that none of us like waking up early?
I know there are perks to morning kindergarten. We’re not waiting all day to go and I don’t have to wake Luke up from his nap to pick Kenny up. It would be nice to just have one more year to sleep in.