In the past few days, I’ve come up with a few gift ideas for the boys.
– a magic kit. A friend suggested this. I’m going to have to look into these and see if I can find one that’s fairly simple but not so simple that he’d use it once and never look at again (aka a waste of money).
– Nicole had the great idea of a science kit. I know Kenny would love one of those. She’s also thinking of getting her boys an electronic skeeball/pinball game. I wish we had a basement because if we did, I would buy Kenny and Luke one of those electronic basketball hoops. But right now, we just don’t have anywhere to put it.
– sleeping bag. I got this idea from Karen. I could see Kenny being excited about one, especially if we brought up the fact that he could use it to go camping.
– Uno Attack. I taught Kenny how to play Uno the other night and he loved it so I think this might be a big hit. Plus, I like Uno a lot so I wouldn’t mind playing it 20 times per day, unlike some other games such as Candy Land where I end up stacking the deck so Kenny will win and the game will be over.
– Monsters vs. Aliens or Up.
– Wii game. Don’t think I’m nuts for thinking of buying a 2-year-old a Wii game. Luke likes to pretend to play when we do but doesn’t have anything of his own. I know he’d be excited to open a game and know it was his.
– bedding. I know this is so not exciting but we’re going to get him a big boy bed some time in the next few months and if I could find some sheets that he would love like these or these, I think I they could be a hit. Wait until you see Luke’s Halloween costume and you’ll understand.
For their stockings:
– I always buy them bubble bath and tints for the tub but that’s the only idea I have for now.
Thank you guys for all your ideas. I needed them!