Eric and I went on our first date 15 years ago. It does but it doesn’t seem like we’ve been together that long.
Category Archives: anniversary
Here’s just a quick update on what’s going on with us:
– Eric and I went to Vegas for a whole week for ASCA’s World Clinic (for swimming coaches). It was a lot of fun and we learned a ton. We got to talk to Olympian Tyler McGill, see Phelps’s coach and listen to great speakers. I took a Build a Pool class because we are really hoping to have our own facility sometime in the near future. Hopefully I will have more news on that in the next few months to year. A week was a long time in Vegas but we were lucky enough to have my parents take the boys Monday-Friday and then Eric’s mom took them Friday evening-Sunday night. We walked the entire strip, went to the top of the Eiffel Tower, saw an illusion show and played craps. We did not come home big winners.
– Our dogs developed not only pink eye but some gastrointestinal problems after being at dog place for a week. It was not fun, not to mention an extra expense that we were not expecting to pay.
– Kenny and Luke are both doing great at school. Luke’s mid-term report card looked like this…
– The boys fall sports are in full swing. Kenny’s soccer actually started at the beginning of August and his football and Luke’s soccer didn’t start until mid-September. It was nice to have it broken up a little. Sporting KC used Kenny’s soccer team in a coaches’ clinic and it’s on You Tube.
– My work is starting to pick up right now after a nice month lull in August. Back in June, the owner of our team and I flew to Colorado to look at an infant aquatics program for babies as young as 6 months. Non-walking babies learn how to float on their back if they were ever to fall into water and the walkers learn how to float and then swim to the side of the pool (or wherever they are). Most people have seen the video of this. It shows the baby in pajamas or clothes falling into a backyard pool and then floating safely. I remember seeing it the first time and thinking someone should pick up the baby. When we went to Colorado, we honestly sat there all day just watching baby after baby and it was AMAZING. So amazing, the team has invested a ton of money to send one of our head coaches out there for 6 weeks to get trained. I would like to get trained some day but I just can’t be gone for 6 weeks at this point in our life; not with the boys being so young and Eric’s schedule.
– My SIL is getting married in less than 2 weeks! It still feels like it should be a few months away.
– Eric and I celebrated our 10th wedding anniversary on September 20th (but actually celebrated in Vegas).
I think that covers all the big things. Now, off to do more work…
In the eight years since Eric and I said “I do”, we’ve:
– started working
– purchased a house (and done multiple home improvements to said house)
– had two boys
– added two dogs to the mix
And that’s just the big stuff.
It’s been a very busy but fun eight years. Happy anniversary honey!
Seven years ago, I married the love of my life. Or as I like to call him, my Darcy.
That night, we danced our first dance to Make You Feel My Love, which became our song after seeing Hope Floats on our first date.
I love you Eric.
Here were some highlights from Kenny’s soccer game today. The kids still completely played bunch ball but at least this year no one was playing in the dirt.
Kenny is #17 on the blue team with white socks.
And here’s Luke pretending to be a pillow for Amanda. She would pretend to lay on him and as soon as she would sit up he’d say, “do it again.”
Eric gave me my anniversary present, a new camera, a day early so I could use it at the game today. He bought me a nice camera but it’s a Sony and I haven’t heard many people say that they love them. Plus, I was hoping to upgrade a little. So, when Luke wakes up from his nap we’re going to go look for a different one. I’ve done a lot of researching on-line and asking around and I think I want the Nikon D3000. It’s in the price range that I’m looking for and it seems to do everything that I want it too. I’m hoping I’ll like it as much in person as I do on paper.
Yes, it’s sad that MJ passed away on Thursday. But seriously news channels, there are other things going on in the world.
Eric and I went on our first date, 11 years ago. Happy anniversary honey.
We met when we were both life guarding for Overland Park. He worked at the southern most pool and I had always worked at the northern most one, although that summer I was subbing at all 6 pools.
That summer, we both were on the city’s guard team, which consisted of 4 girls and 4 boys plus 2 subs. We had both been on it the summer before but we didn’t get to know each other b/c Eric had been on again, off again with a girl that worked at my pool. They were off at that point so she didn’t want to be within 10 feet of him, which meant I wasn’t either. So, summer of 1998, she didn’t come back to work for the city and Eric and I got to know each other.
Our guard team. I’m in the front row center (blonde hair) and Eric is the one in the hat in the back row center.
Here we are in Florida that summer at one of the water parks.
After a little flirting, Eric finally worked up the nerve to ask me out. On our first date we went to see the movie Hope Floats. We had a lot of fun that summer and decided to try and make it work that fall when we each went to our different colleges.
It obviously worked out and we were married in September of 2002. I’ll post some wedding pictures when September rolls around.